Quotes About Peace


Laini Taylor
“Peace is more than the absence of war. Peace is accord. Harmony.” ― Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke 
 and Bone 
 
 
Mother Teresa “The Simple Path
Silence is Prayer
Prayer is Faith
Faith is Love
Love is Service
                The Fruit of Service is Peace” ― Mother Teresa
 
Martin Luther King Jr.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.,

John Lennon
“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.” ― John Lennon

Mahatma Gandhi
“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” ― Mahatma Gandhi, The Story of My Experiments With Truth

Chuck Palahniuk
“It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.” ― Chuck Palahniuk, Diary

Mother Teresa
“Peace begins with a smile..” ― Mother Teresa

Virginia Woolf
“You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” ― Virginia Woolf

Mahatma Gandhi
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Rumi
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.” ― Rumi

John Lennon
“If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.” ― John Lennon

Bob Marley
“Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold.” ― Bob Marley

George Carlin
“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” ― George Carlin

Albert Einstein
“Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” ― Albert Einstein

John Lennon
“If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that's a problem. Peace and love are eternal.” ― John Lennon
 
 
“When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed.” ― Fred Rogers
 
Mahatma Gandhi
“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:

- I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
- I shall fear only God.
- I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
- I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
- I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.” ― Mahatma Gandhi


Dave Barry
“My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.” ― Dave Barry

Milan Kundera
“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.” ― Milan Kundera

Lemony Snicket
“The world is quiet here.” ― Lemony Snicket

Bill Watterson
“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?” ― Bill Watterson, 

Mahatma Gandhi
“Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

John Lennon
“War is over ... If you want it.” ― John Lennon

Malcolm X
“Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the Gun down.” ― Malcolm X

Siddhārtha Gautama
“Peace comes from within.  Do not seek it without.” ― Siddhārtha Gautama
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment