Truth Quotes

Mark Twain
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain



George Carlin
“The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose
 answers I accept.”
― George Carlin


Mark Twain “Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.”
― Mark Twain



Oscar Wilde
“The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.”
― Oscar Wilde

Gloria Steinem


“The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.”
― Gloria Steinem



Mahatma Gandhi
“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
― Mahatma Gandhi


J.K. Rowling
“The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should be treated with caution.”
― J.K. Rowling




Aldous Huxley“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
― Aldous Huxley, Complete Essays 2, 1926-29




“A book without words is like love without a kiss; it's empty.”
― Andrew Wolfe



Suzanne Collins“I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.”
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games




Winston S. Churchill“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston S. Churchill



Mark Twain“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.”
― Mark Twain



John Lennon“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”
― John Lennon


Oscar Wilde

“A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.”
― Oscar Wilde


Flannery O'Connor
“The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.”
― Flannery O'Conn


Mark Twain
“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”
― Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment